How to Choose a Membership Site Software
With membership sites gaining popularity by leaps and bounds in the marketing arena, it’s obvious that at some point or other you’re probably going to want to get in on it too. After all, who wouldn’t?Unfortunately, this desire often ends up staying as nothing more than a pipe dream - and that’s because the biggest stumbling block that you’re going to face is actually choosing (and using!) a membership site software.
At this stage, it is important that you realize that although many people talk about ‘membership site software’ rather generally, the truth is that they come in many different shapes and sizes.Some require tons of technical knowledge to use, while others do not. Some have tons of great features, while others are fairly minimalist. If you’re going to ever get past this stumbling block, what you need to know is how exactly you can go about choosing the right membership site software. Easy Member Pro
And to do that, you need to think about a few things in particular:
1. Scalability - Imagine this scenario: You’ve picked some random membership site software that you read about somewhere and it seems to suit your needs just fine. So you start your site,and things are growing great.But then you find out that the software you’ve picked can’t support more than a certain amount of members. This is why scalability is so important. When you pick a membership site software, you need to be certain that it’s not just going to be enough for your site today - but that its going to be just as good once your site has grown.
2. Content Management - To be perfectly honest, there are a lot of factors to consider when it comes to content management. Needless to say, you’ll want a system that allows you to ‘queue’ and ‘schedule’ content, but on top of that you should choose one that allows you to have ‘timed releases’ as well. For example, you might want to have a certain piece of content appear to subscribers 2
days after they’ve signed up - regardless of the date at which they actually signed up.
3. Membership Levels - Have you ever seen membership sites that offer ‘Regular’ and ‘Premium’ membership (with the ‘Premium’ obviously being more expensive)? That is what membership levels are all about, and if you have the option to create unlimited membership levels - great! In fact, you could even have a free basic membership, and then upsell a premium membership to your basic members later on!
4. Autoresponder Integration - Even if you don’t intend to email your members much - having the option to do so is very, very important. After all, you never know when you might want to contact your
members in a hurry, and being able to integrate your membership software with your autoresponder could help that immensely.
5. Affiliate Program Management - Last, but certainly not least - if you want your membership site to truly ‘boom’ in terms of subscribers, you’re probably going to want to set up an affiliate program so that others can do a lot of the marketing leg work for you! Being able to create and manage such a program is a valuable addition in any membership site software. As you can see, choosing a membership site software is really about identifying what you need, and then selecting a software that actually fits those needs.
Even now, we’ve really just scratched the surface. If you dig deeper, you’ll find that the a truly great membership software will offer more in terms of security and customization. With this knowledge however, you should at least be able to spot the right type of membership software for your purposes. Read more in my article.